Why become a member? ×

HNBD - Fender Jazz

Diablo

After some searching and a lot of footwork on London over the last few days I landed at the door of a certain Mr Andy Baxter and was invited into his man-cave. I realised at that point it was inevitable we were going to end the evening with a Yorkshire Stand-off.

After playing about with a few I got down to two that I liked, but one was fitted with rflatwounds. I'd never played flats as I only ever use rounds. Hated them. No probs said Andy, he brought in a new set of strings and proceeded to fit them there and then for me, set it up again and straight away it just felt right, and the condition was at the right end for its age, not worn out but just a little worn.

So - the 68 or the 69, both sunburst, both in similar condition. It had to be the 68 but now the Yorkshire stand-off. Putting two Yorkshiremen in a room to do a deal is never going to be a quick and easy activity :D

We came to a deal, Andy did some tweaks on the truss rod for me and job done. I know what I'm doing tomorrow - strings to play in and going to play it until my fingers hurt too much! First vintage guitar I've ever owned, so I thought I'd start off with what I hope will be a very nicely playing instrument.

Only problem - visited Denmark St the day after and found an immaculate '34 National - can't play a 6 string, I'd hang it on the wall and look at it!

Cheers,
Rich