Why become a member? ×

The inside of a broken string, and a dropped bass...

Jigster

This baby means I now have an incomplete set of Pyramid Gold flats - and they ain't cheap.

For those of us, like me, who has never been to the core of a string's universe, this is how my E looks after my Ibanez Musician hit the deck last night. Stupid series of events, (tiredness/decision to play P not Ibanez so latter wasn't on the rack on stage/decision at last moment to not take my hard case but a second gig bag because of said tiredness/gig bag not properly zipped up/sound tech rushing us to clear the room of spare gear ... suddenly my Musician hits the deck, string pops out of the saddle, heart stops ...

It really is a tank though, lost a screw from the bridge pick up, aside from that and the string no actual damage.

I vow to be more thoughtful/careful from now on when moving my gear about.

[attachment=156586:WP_20140302_001.jpg]

Incidentally, I had a broken black nylon Pyramid G and I emailed them (as in Pyramid, not Thomann) about it. They sent me one gratis because it was defective. However, you might be able to buy a single E from them if you were concerned that my one is on the dull, thumpy side

Either way, if you want my set they are yours in exchange for free gig entry!

Edited by Clarky