Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Pyramid Short scale flats, 1 day old - ideal for SG Bass * SOLD PENDING *
£35

Ina fit of GAS I ordered a Gibson SG bass which arrived yesterday and I ordered a set of Pyramid Gold short scale flats to go on it (as a couple of TalkBass threads said they were the best flats for this bass)

Well the bass has QC issues (dodgy fretting, buzz under pickup, gnarled rosewood by the nut) and is going back and I will be seeking a refund rather than replacement as I am pretty disappointed with it

Selling these flats as a consequence. Will set you back £40 inc post from Thomann or £50 from Stringsdirect.

Yours for £35 posted

Edited by Clarky

To be upfront, the silks at the ball end do sit on the bridge saddles but this didn't seem to affect the amplified tone (which was the only thing I was happy with). In my usual fit of over-enthusiasm I also ordered from the US a Gibson bridge Mod-Bar (which means the silks don't sit on the saddles and improves intonation etc from the famously ropey 3-point bridge). I will be selling this as soon as it arrives :rolleyes:

Mod-Bar http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBSON-EPIPHONE-BASS-BRIDGE-3-POINT-MOD-BAR-/291089250974?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1394276475' post='2389755']
saw this and thought of 2x18 (will)....
[/quote]

Already got a set -- Nice strings, great for Gibson shorties!

Will.