Why become a member? ×

Fri 28th March - I need an Rythym & Blues / Rock covers band

Diablo

As the title says - It is Mrs Diablo's 21st (again...) and rather than some nasty 80's disco DJ I thought it better to sort out live music. It is in Staindrop Village Hall just West of Darlington. I am arranging for the band I play in to do a 1 hour warm-up, then I would like a "proper" band to follow with a two hour set with 20-30 min break. Genre is blues, RnB and rock. I can agree the setlist but fairly open. Must include Midnight Special and some CCR, must not include any Whitesnake!

It will be attended by 50-60 people I expect and they will be there to dance/party and appreciate the craic.

If you have any recommendations for bands let me know, any website or youtube links will help.

PA will be there and there may the possibility of sharing a drum kit.

Cheers,
Rich

Cheers for the link, I actually emailed them yesterday but no reply yet. I'm really struggling, must have contacted half a dozen yesterday and all came back to say they are booked except the BF's who have not responded.

I would never had thought it could be this hard!

Cheers,
Rich

Got another half dozen knock-backs tonight from bands already booked. Really struggling now, I've tried every rock/RnB band from onthecasemusic and other than 2 non replies every other band is already booked. Does anyone know of other cover-band websites covering the North East...?

Cheers,
Rich

Are there any booking agencies you can try , they could do the work for you , may charge for the priviledge though .
TBH 18 days is short notice , we can normally make plans for a night off if we aren't booked a month in front , occassionally one drops in but not too often .

good luck