Why become a member? ×

Warwick Prototype

TheGreek

I'd be interested to try sliding pickups to see how the tone changes, but preferably not on a Star SC*, even if it does have a 'thumb rest on the bottom' :-D
Give me a Gibson Grabber or the Wood &Tronics one any day.

*I'm sure it's lovely in the flesh, but in that video it looks like a cheap LP copy.

Edited by Roland Rock

Why demo the different characteristics of a sliding pup system and then change your right hand picking/plucking style to match? I know that the front 'mudbucker' position will likely sound dubbier but there's no need to play it thumb mute style and then slide to back pup and suddenly start playing finger parping style... in the middle, change to a different right hand finger style. Play them all the same finger style ya twonk Andy then we can hear what the difference is! :D[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1394872601' post='2396106']
Why demo the different characteristics of a sliding pup system and then change your right hand picking/plucking style to match? I know that the front 'mudbucker' position will likely sound dubbier but there's no need to play it thumb mute style and then slide to back pup and suddenly start playing finger parping style... in the middle, change to a different right hand finger style. Play them all the same finger style ya twonk Andy then we can hear what the difference is! :D[size=4] [/size]
[/quote]

Guy Pratt's video is a lot better, bit of bummer that they don't show less convention pickup positions. I know what a jazz, mud bucked and a P all sound like, but there is so much scope I between those position.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1394870906' post='2396085']
After a month you'd end up leaving the pick-ups in the same spot and using the tone control just like any other bass...

Probably in the normal neck/bridge alignment too!
[/quote]

I did think that it was a very interesting idea that seems to work and then, yeah, what you said!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1394872601' post='2396106']
[/quote]

This!