Why become a member? ×

getting the beginnings of gas!

0175westwood29

so a few months ago i grabbed myself a squier vm 5 and love it!

i got it to deal with the tuning change so if i want i can play our whole set on one bass, it was all over our new ep and is a perfect match to my modulus. however been thinking about grabbing something thats a bit out there!

and from looking around i was thinking of going and grabbing a hagstrom hb8 but its short scale which ill be honest i have never played a short scale bass, and the videos online for it are a bit poor (or am i not googling enough?) but my band dnt play in standard tuning so im wondering how a shortscale bass would handle a d standard tuning (dgcf)

anyone with any views or if you have one would like to know your views

andy

The strings might be a little floppy, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by seeking out a thicker guage set of strings! Might be difficult to find the right ones in 30" scale though, but there are also places that do custom sets relatively cheaply so nothing's impossible.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1395220815' post='2399784']
The strings might be a little floppy, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by seeking out a thicker guage set of strings! Might be difficult to find the right ones in 30" scale though, but there are also places that do custom sets relatively cheaply so nothing's impossible.
[/quote]

cool now just need to find one to try

andy