Why become a member? ×

Washburn XB600 Six String Bass with Seymour Duncan STC-3 Preamp. For Sale

Born 2B Mild

Washburn XB600 Six String Bass with Seymour Duncan STC-3 Preamp.

I understand this is the older model made in Korea before the move to the current made in China production models. It features an Alder body with an Ash top, Maple Neck/Rosewood Fingerboard. The playability is really good as it has been set up by ace six-string bass player/luther, Jim Fleeting, setting it up with a nice buzz free low action with accurate intonation. By coincidence, it was this model that was Jim's first sixer he ever bought, and he suggested I look out for one. So I did, and here it is!

The previous owner upgraded the pots and preamp with a Seymour Duncan STC-3 Preamp (£130 for the parts alone), and according to the Duncan web site this On board Tone Circuits add tremendous tonal versatility. Enables the player to add to subtract EQ at center frequencies voiced specifically for electric bass. They feature low noise, low distortion and high headroom. Useful for all musical styles and genres.

Three bands of active EQ, master volume, blend, plus the proprietary Slap Switch. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. The mids range from ultra-smooth to punchy and all points in between. The treble control can produce a very wide, very usable response that is brilliant, yet smooth without any brittleness. Pulling up on the volume knob engages the proprietary Slap Switch, a special EQ contour made just for slap-style playing. And it has to be said it totally transformed this bass into a very versatile instrument, it can do it all from straight ahead jazz, to slap funk and aggressive rock.

The bass may look scruffy but it’s a very playable gigging and recording instrument, and the strings are in great condition so won't need changing unless you don't like them. Great first-time sixer and worth every penny of £250.

Guys and gals...i also played this beast whilst up at Phil's the other week. This bass has a seriously beautiful tone. Don't let any preconceptions but you off...tonally, this bass is worth every penny and more.

Phil also makes a decent cup of tea :)

[quote name='bassjamm' post='236999' date='Jul 11 2008, 12:44 AM']Guys and gals...i also played this beast whilst up at Phil's the other week. This bass has a seriously beautiful tone. Don't let any preconceptions but you off...tonally, this bass is worth every penny and more.

Phil also makes a decent cup of tea :)[/quote]
Yep, it's worth picking up just to taste my tea! Thanks Jamie!

Meanwhile, here's [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/ShuteCentral/WashburnXB600SixStringBassForSale"]the sexy sixer in cinematic technovision[/url]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...