Why become a member? ×

LMk ll and 16 ohm speaker

KennysFord

cheers escholl,
well i could run both speakers but the Mrs says the both of 'em take up too much room.
I have a small 4 ohm,could i run that in parallel with one of the 16 ohm cabs,would that work ??
she'd be happier that way but obviously more concerned about the amp !!

[quote name='Hamster' post='237963' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:48 PM']16 + 4 in parallel will give you an approx 3.2 ohm load, I think the LMII goes to 4 ohm minimum?

Hamster[/quote]

correct. i don't know if you have the minirig version with the slanted top cab like i do, but if you just use that it should be more than loud enough from home practice and the speaker will point up at you a bit, so should be a bit clearer as well. don't worry about the 4 ohm speaker unless of course it sounds better, then just use that on its own with the LM.

what happened to the ashdown head? there's not much to go wrong in those things, really.

there's no mention of running 16 ohm +4 ohm and the equation is a bit much for me.
TBH i would still have posted to be sure anyway.I know i can run both the 16ohms in parallel to get the amp at 8 but I share my amp space with a roland drum kit and you dont know my Mrs,if she says both of them take up too much room then who am i to argue. :)

[quote name='escholl' post='237968' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:53 PM']what happened to the ashdown head? there's not much to go wrong in those things, really.[/quote]

Hi escholl,
not sure TBH,it just kinda switched off and that was that.The fuse in the plug is OK and there's nothing to suggest anything else.I got it from soundcontrol about 6 months ago so im buggered i guess.I'll try and get in touch with ashdown next week and see what they say. :)

i seem to recall there being some fuses inside as well, two of them i think, although you have to undo about 15 screws and slide the chassis out to get to them.

it should come with a one year warranty as well, from ashdown.

Edited by escholl

I emailed Markbass on Saturday morning and blimey........i got a reply
well done Ricardo. :)
here's the reply

[i]"Dear Pete,
firstly I’d like to thank you for your interest in Markbass.

The minimum ohm load for all Markbass heads is 4 ohms, so there is not problem to run the Little Mark II with a 16ohm speaker, just you’ll have less power from the amp.

Feel free to get in touch with me for any further questions about Markbass products.

Best Regards,

Riccardo Damiani

Markbass Online Customer Service"[/i]
I spose thats a good bit of info for the rest of the Markbass owners out there.

Edited by kennyrodg