Why become a member? ×

Small Power amp heads

mr.sibs

I have been wondering about the idea of getting a small power amp style head, without all the bells and whistles that i dont really need for every gig, and i have been reading of these two. Has anyone tried the little giant out? Ive heard of some issues with the superfly, the key here is portability, so any other suggestions around the same price mark would be great too- I only need about 200-350 watts, and just a basic eq...
thanks

basic is not how I would describe the superfly or little giant. They are cheap though. There is a gang of these now and in the future. Now the alternatives used by basschatters are Mark Bass, EA and Genz Benz. On the way are Epiphany and GK with EBS a bit further off.

I'm looking forward to trying a little giant, but find the front panel to be a complete dogs dinner. The combination of knobs and sliders for the EQ to me is very counter-intuitive. Have knobs OR sliders, not both!

Hamster

I've got an Eden WTX-260, 260-290W depending on where in the world you are. I have to say it sounds great and is small enough to fit in a gig bag pouch (just about - and if you put nothing else in the pouch).

The EA mini heads are about half the size of the Eden - amazing! I've never tried the EA heads but for size alone, they're hard to beat. I do like the sound of the Eden a lot though.

[quote name='The Funk' post='238572' date='Jul 13 2008, 03:31 PM']The Eden costs twice as much here as it does in America. If you have any friends or family there who are coming over here or friends going there on holiday, it is small enough to fit into a suitcase without much trouble.[/quote]

wow so that would make it really quite cheap there? il look into that idea too, i have two friends coming back in a couple of months, but i imagine any spare space will already have been bagsied for similar junk :)

[quote name='The Funk' post='238572' date='Jul 13 2008, 03:31 PM']The Eden costs twice as much here as it does in America. If you have any friends or family there who are coming over here or friends going there on holiday, it is small enough to fit into a suitcase without much trouble.[/quote]
Thats true of anything that has a voltage switch and does not require mods. You might have problems with after-sales if you buy from the US though.