Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender blueflower' 54 reissue bridge

Bought this off of Dr Dave last week it is in immaculate condition (as you would expect from Dave) it is the through body type (Dave did tell me this but I thought i could make it work), unfortunately my eyes were bigger than my brain.

He sold it to me for £12 with a neck plate so I'm thinking £8 + £1 p&p or would trade for a standard P-Bass bridge is that fair?.

Wayne , Wayne - what ya like ??!!!!

Me , probably. Buy now , prepare large hammer , then when it comes it won't fit :)
I foresee a life of misery and frustration similar to my own :huh:

Tell you what , kicking about in my large Black and White Minstrels biscuit tin is a Mighty Mite Precision bridge of the usual type. Trouble is, it's made of brass, which may not suit. Quite serviceable but needs a bit of brasso taking to it.

Yours for the promise of a pint (should we ever be in the same hostelry at the same time) if it solves the problem but you'll have to PM me your address again.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='239560' date='Jul 14 2008, 09:56 PM']Wayne , Wayne - what ya like ??!!!!

Me , probably. Buy now , prepare large hammer , then when it comes it won't fit :)
I foresee a life of misery and frustration similar to my own :huh:

Tell you what , kicking about in my large Black and White Minstrels biscuit tin is a Mighty Mite Precision bridge of the usual type. Trouble is, it's made of brass, which may not suit. Quite serviceable but needs a bit of brasso taking to it.

Yours for the promise of a pint (should we ever be in the same hostelry at the same time) if it solves the problem but you'll have to PM me your address again.[/quote]

I know I am a total turnip.

Thanks for the offer buddy you really are a super gent, but your right the brass wouldn't suit but if we are ever in the same public house I will get you that pint anyway just for being a top bloke.

I've got an MIM P Bass bridge if you want it? It's a bog standard chrome affair, with a missing grub screw. What you should do is take the saddles off Dave's brass bridge and put them on the chrome one, it wont look out of place and brass is a much better metal for sustain than whatever Fender bridges are made of.

[quote name='jono b' post='241072' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:58 PM']I've got an MIM P Bass bridge if you want it? It's a bog standard chrome affair, with a missing grub screw. What you should do is take the saddles off Dave's brass bridge and put them on the chrome one, it wont look out of place and brass is a much better metal for sustain than whatever Fender bridges are made of.[/quote]

How much do you want for the MIM bridge?

I think I will just use that, I like the idea but I don't really want to trouble Dave just for some saddles.

Cheers buddy