Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Control Corporation 371 - Sold
£800

Yossarian

Hi

I am reluctantly letting my Acoustic Control Corporation 371 rig go. This consists of the 370 head and 301 cab and as this is a US version I also have the power converter so that it can be used on UK power supply. Reason for sale is that it has not been used for a couple years as I no longer play in a band and so I cannot justify holding onto such an amazing amplifier and not use it to its full potential - of which is has lots!

Obviously as this is a 1970's rig it is in a used condition, I bought the head from the family of a bass player who toured with Brian Ferry and this was his US touring amp, so it has quite a few marks. It has not been used in anger for quite a while but I do turn it on from time to time and check it so it is in working order. Was serviced within the last couple years and they replaced a few worn parts but nothing major.

You will not be disappointed with this ampifier as it sounds incredible and looks amazing. Simple solid engineering and a tone which cannot be beaten. The cab has a single 18" speaker which is louder than anything I've played before and due to the folded horn set up can fill all but the largest of venues without any problems.

I may be able to deliver within the Brighton area but would much prefer collection.

Cheers

[attachment=159929:IMAG0606.jpg]

Edited by Yossarian

I would absolutely love this rig, a classic, I've got footage of Anthony Jackson playing a 370 head through an SVT 810 and he knows a thing or two.
Weirdly I was able to get the sound I always wanted out of an Ampeg SVT head out of the 370 head, really tight mids, lots of punch and definition.
Just wish I had the funds...GLWTS