Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Classic 450 light weight amp head Class D
£249

JapanAxe

I have had this amp from new for about 18 months, and only gigged it half a dozen times. It is very flexible yet simple to use, with the facility to 'add in' compression and drive to your sound without excessive juggling of gain and level controls.

You can get the full spec from the [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/classic450"]TC website[/url]. Basically it is a simplified version of the RH450, without the 'hidden' parameters, memories and tuner. It weighs only 4kg, so you can easily carry it about in a lap-top-bag. The speaker socket will take either jack plug or Speakon, so you can pitch up at your rehearsal room and connect it to whatever cab you find there.

Since I got my Streamliner 900 the Classic has spent its time as a backup or a home practice amp. It is therefore in excellent condition, and comes in its original box with the instruction manual and a sticker (yes, a free TC sticker!). I have replaced the feet with larger rubber ones so that it will sit above the handle on a Barefaced cab. I am including the original feet in case you feel the need to change them back!

There has been some controversy about the 'real' power output of TC's Class D amps, and you can read their account [url="http://service.tcgroup.tc/media/tc-electronic-power-rating-and-active-power-management.pdf"]here[/url]. All I can say is that it is plenty loud enough through a decent cab or cabs. I have used it without PA support in a massive hall, and with PA on a festival stage, and it has always had plenty in reserve.

I now have my eye on something a bit special, so sadly this one has to go.

Price [b]£249[/b] (bank transfer preferred but PayPal possible if you cover the fees) includes shipping to mainland UK. If you are local to Swindon or Oxford you are welcome to try before you buy, and collection in person would obviously bring the price down. I am looking for a cash sale, but may consider a TC Flashback pedal plus cash my way.

Edited by JapanAxe