Why become a member? ×

Playing with drums

Hairychip

Hi everyone

I need some help i started playing the bass a year ago after a long time off. i really enjoy playing but i need some rythm to play along with. Im 35 now so playing with a teen who likes to get pissed more often than not( and yes we have all been there :) ) is not really on the cards. And trying to find a drummer just for the odd jam as proved difficult so i got myself an old imac and playing with garageband and guitar pro is great but the samples get a bit boring after a while ive tried using i-drum but ended up just getting annoyed because i could get the sound i wanted.

So i was hoping someone could recomend any sample cd's or software .

Hope you can help
cheers

apparently "drumkit from hell" is where it's at. I've downloaded it (for trial purposes only) but I haven't tried it yet. Apparently the drummer from meshugga (sp?) uses it instead of recording live drums, and the samples are from his actual kit.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='240012' date='Jul 15 2008, 01:43 PM']apparently "drumkit from hell" is where it's at. I've downloaded it (for trial purposes only) but I haven't tried it yet. Apparently the drummer from meshugga (sp?) uses it instead of recording live drums, and the samples are from his actual kit.[/quote]

You are correct sir!

I believe that Devin Townsend also uses the Drummer From Hell Meshuggah kit for the Strapping Young Lad recordings. My old band have started to record using a midi connected Roland kit and Drummer From Hell, it sounds AMAZING :)