Why become a member? ×

This is why i love Meshell Ndegeocello.

bubinga5

Crackin vid from this amazing musician. wait for her playing at 3.10 onwards. such a musical person she is. Peace Beyond Passion will always be one of the best albums I've ever listened to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2w_cW55Pc

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='timhiggins' timestamp='1398503910' post='2434704']
Thats great,...does anyone know what bass is she playing ?
[/quote]its either a Japanese 75 reissue or an original 1970's jazz bass. but she's i known to love the CIJ/MIJ Fenders. i would edge a bet and say it was a Japanese 75. could be wrong. I'm digging that Ibanez ATK 5 that her back up man is playing also.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1398504176' post='2434712']
Hey Bubinga - have you seen the stuff from Montreux where she has David Dyson on bass? There's some serious groove going on there I can tell ya!
[/quote]Yeah for sure Japhet, I've seen bits. what i have seen is awesome. and David is a magician on the bass. feel free to post something i might not have seen though.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1398520709' post='2434932']
its either a Japanese 75 reissue or an original 1970's jazz bass. but she's i known to love the CIJ/MIJ Fenders. i would edge a bet and say it was a Japanese 75. could be wrong. I'm digging that Ibanez ATK 5 that her back up man is playing also.
[/quote]I got rid of one just like that a few months back on here and am regretting it now ,it punched well above its wait !