Why become a member? ×

Letts thread..........?

Beedster

Why was that thread closed? The reason provided by the mod was crap. People have the right to express their thoughts on an offer offered via this site to members of this site. The 'reason' offered by the business - and the crap comments by an employee of that business - was simply not good enough. The business appears able to deliver to its 'normal' customers but not to its BC customers. To be honest the forum should take some responsibility for this, not simply clamp down.

Let's get some proportion in moderation here. That was crap

To be honest I was feeling sorry for them. They're trying to reboot a business that has been through some tough times. The old fashioned, no nonsense, nip it in the bud approach of the new bloke was a bit unfortunate, but I imagine he feels somewhat under attack and trying to protect the business. An approach that obviously doesn't work too well on Internet forums.

They have tried to explain. All anyone can do now is see how they do from here in. Like icastle said, there's no point continuing to tear them apart publicly. Closing the thread was the best thing, I believe. Though I am not, nor ever likely (not a custom build kind of guy) to be a customer.

As a user of this forum and a potential customer of any brand/company (having recently been alerted to great companies such as Limelight guitars and fuzzrocious pedals via this forum) I feel that it is only right and proper that we can discuss the pros and cons of these smaller companies to protect potential/existing customers and encourage interest in these businesses.

If someone has had a bad experience with a company, I don't feel it is fair for the site to stop the negative comments from being expressed as these will be as important (if not, more important) when members are deciding where to spend their money.

I appreciate that getting into petty name calling and other bits can often spoil it but surely those specific comments can be removed and the genuinely objective and helpful (negative and/or positive) comments should stay. To find out that some members have been quoted 20 weeks but waiting 17 months is simply stating a fact and would be valuable information if members are researching.

If the company isn't happy with these facts being posted, they can respond by improving services and asking customers to respond with feedback that balances it out.

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1398895076' post='2438883']
As a user of this forum and a potential customer of any brand/company (having recently been alerted to great companies such as Limelight guitars and fuzzrocious pedals via this forum) I feel that it is only right and proper that we can discuss the pros and cons of these smaller companies to protect potential/existing customers and encourage interest in these businesses.

If someone has had a bad experience with a company, I don't feel it is fair for the site to stop the negative comments from being expressed as these will be as important (if not, more important) when members are deciding where to spend their money.

I appreciate that getting into petty name calling and other bits can often spoil it but surely those specific comments can be removed and the genuinely objective and helpful (negative and/or positive) comments should stay. To find out that some members have been quoted 20 weeks but waiting 17 months is simply stating a fact and would be valuable information if members are researching.

If the company isn't happy with these facts being posted, they can respond by improving services and asking customers to respond with feedback that balances it out.
[/quote]

That thing what he said.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1398894954' post='2438880']
I'm sorry but I can only agree. I hate it when threads get locked.
[/quote]
Normally me too, especially when there's a good debate/argument going on. But a public execution leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1398895524' post='2438893']
Then maybe the best place for it would be the feedback forum where customers can leave their feedback? Rather than a general forum where anyone that feels like it will but the boot in.
[/quote]

Yeah, that'd be ideal.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1398896098' post='2438908']
Normally me too, especially when there's a good debate/argument going on. But a public execution leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
[/quote]
Agreed but this wasn't a public execution, it was a public reaction. I you think it was becoming a public execution, I think the Letts PR & Marketing Team were the ones preparing the syringe.

[/quote]

Which is exactly why I closed it down.

What possible good can come out of a bunch of people, most of whom aren't even waiting on a bass to keep stating the bleeding obvious?

It's already a matter of record that some people have had problems and are unhappy, it's a matter of record that one of Jon's employees made a mistake.

It's just coming across as petty now.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1398896834' post='2438919']

What possible good can come out of a bunch of people, most of whom aren't even waiting on a bass to keep stating the bleeding obvious?

It's already a matter of record that some people have had problems and are unhappy, it's a matter of record that one of Jon's employees made a mistake.

[/quote]
Gotta agree with icastle. All the BC members were right on, but the point had been made and it wasn't gonna go anywhere great!

[/quote]
But it wasn't, or at least, if it was becoming one they, Letts, were providing the rope. Whilst the feedback forum is normally the place, it was clear that in this case it was about more than feeding back, but about trying to get something done. I don't think the thread should have been closed until the OP's situation had been resolved, most appropriately I'd guess by a full refund.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1398896834' post='2438919']

[/quote]

All fair comment.

I know that eventually someone would have levelled it all out and then John would have felt supported as well as criticised, instead of where it is now - a cliff edge of vitriol.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1398897133' post='2438925']
But it wasn't, or at least, if it was becoming one they, Letts, were providing the rope. Whilst the feedback forum is normally the place, it was clear that in this case it was about more than feeding back, but about trying to get something done. I don't think the thread should have been closed until the OP's situation had been resolved, most appropriately I'd guess by a full refund.
[/quote]
BC ain't Trading Standards

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1398897191' post='2438926']
All fair comment.

I know that eventually someone would have levelled it all out and then John would have felt supported as well as criticised, instead of where it is now - a cliff edge of vitriol.
[/quote]Cliff edge of Vitriol....a great name for a floppy haired emo modern metal band or a Punk/hardcore/Pantera album.....call your next band that!

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1398897133' post='2438925']
[/quote]

How long have you been waiting for your Letts bass now?

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1398897072' post='2438924']
Gotta agree with icastle. All the BC members were right on, but the point had been made and it wasn't gonna go anywhere great!
[/quote]

True, but that might have been done with a firm nudge from a mod (i.e: a post requesting that the thread is not taken further in this direction) rather than an immediate lock. I've seen this moderation approach work well on other threads; where it doesn't, the lock is still an option but wouldn't look so heavy handed if a warning has been given first.

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1398897394' post='2438931']
How long have you been waiting for your Letts bass now?
[/quote]
You don't have to fly RyanAir to be angered by poor customer service and want to be vocal about low standards.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1398897206' post='2438927']

BC ain't Trading Standards
[/quote]
No, but it was a member who'd paid for a bass through a BC offer and was not only being poorly served but ignored by a co
Many who were apparently trading normally in other respects. BC are pretty tight on many aspects of trading, so they shouldn't let commercial organisations make such offers if they've are not prepared to accept some discomfort when it goes wrong.

Wasn't the issue a communication problem.

He says he's updated the phone number on his website.

Surely the next step would be to contact him directly in the morning to find out what the exact problem and delivery date of the bass will now be.

Moaning about it here is just going over old ground.