Why become a member? ×

Letts thread..........?

Beedster

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1398900307' post='2438965']
Beedster - if you have an issue with moderation then you really need to take it to PM as per the T&Cs.
[/quote]

I did this before. Never heard a single word (not even a quick reply). Didn't inspire me with confidence that my issue was taken seriously, let alone even dealt with.

I don't think that the criticism is undeserved and I bet they're working a bit harder today than they were the day prior to the thread being opened..

As somebody who buys mainly basses built by British luthiers I think I have the right to know how companies perform and whether they honour their promises. It really wouldn't hurt for Letts and co to apologise to those who have placed orders, had their money sitting in the company's account and received, what can only be viewed as poor service, and to try a bit of empathy for their disgruntled customers.

I appreciate Jon has had a few problems recently. However, had he conveyed this to his customers, I'm sure they would have been sympathetic to his situation. Unfortunately he chose not to do so and now bears the consequences of the dissatisfaction from his customers, now and in the future.

As somebody posted "reputation is everything"..could be that they've sold their reputation for the cost of a few basses and phone calls.

Can anyone explain to me why the idea of starting fresh with a genuine feedback thread is being ignored? It seems like an obvious plan to me, a way to move forward and for people to be able to leave and read the feedback they have been demanding.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1398947543' post='2439283']
How about a bandwagon of bassists?
[/quote]

I realise that this comment was probably made with tongue in cheek, but I think that is unfair. There is no evidence of any "bandwagon-jumping" here. Just because some people share an opinion and dare to comment on it, does not mean that they are jumping on a real or imagined bandwagon.

Of course - if your comment was made in jest, I retract the above! :)

Edited by Conan

I don't get this 'commercial organisation' aspect. He was a sole trader who, like many people passionate about what they do, put more emphasis on getting his guitars right than the customer relations, finances and getting the product to market. He was hand making 18-20 guitars a year. Then his wife and baby nearly die in childbirth and his first child devolops a serious disease. So he changes to a PLC and employs a luthier to help him.

People are still demanding their basses?

Some of you have gone mad.

I'm not "demanding my bass" in fact I've been very understanding throughout... The issue is I am left unaware of these unfortunate personal issues untill months after a deadline has past. I have been promised several times that the bass will be complete and given a new completion date... when those dates pass without any information whatsoever I chase them up. When I eventually receive a reply to my emails asking where the bass is I'm made aware of a different personal issue...

The entire ethos seems to be as if this is an agreement between two mates to maybe make a bass as a project sometime... not that of a business and a customer.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1398950225' post='2439315']
The other thread is now open again. Please don't make me/us regret it :)
[/quote]

Thanks charic, would it be too ironic to suggest that this thread is now closed so that any relevant discussion is contained in the one (i.e., other) thread?

Rob, what kind of deposit have you put down? Have you paid by credit card?

I think when dealing with a sole trader people should be a lot more wary that these things can and do happen.

If I was building an extension on my house I wouldn't hand £40k straight to a builder and tell him to build it when he's finished his back log.

Edited by TimR

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1398955573' post='2439409']
Rob, what kind of deposit have you put down? Have you paid by credit card?

I think when dealing with a sole trader people should be a lot more wary that these things can and do happen.

If I was building an extension on my house I wouldn't hand £40k straight to a builder and tell him to build it when he's finished his back log.
[/quote]

I put down a 50% deposit as per the terms and conditions I was sent prior to ordering. I was not made aware of any backlog and quoted a buildtime of 20 weeks.

I guess it is a lesson learned really, I won't be ordering again.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1398952499' post='2439354']
Thanks charic, would it be too ironic to suggest that this thread is now closed so that any relevant discussion is contained in the one (i.e., other) thread?
[/quote]

This would make total ironic sense :)