Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Peavey T40 - 1980, white with original hard case
£425

Gary Williams

I only got this beauty on here a while ago but due to me recently biting the bullet and buying my dream bass, sadly this has to go along with another bass from my collection.

To avoid divorce I try and have a strict "one in - one out" policy here but my new purchase means "one in - two out"....

So........... this T40 is in amazing condition seeing as it is now 34 years old, a few hairline cracks and knocks. Minimal cracking of the pickup surrounds and slight warpage of the pickguard which is apparently normal after all these years.

The Peavey case is showing its age but works as it should and seems bombproof!

It is finished in a nice creamy white which is apparently rare - I read somewhere that only 1 in a 100 of these were white.

Even rarer apparently is that it is a pretty light example at 9lbs 4oz. I know some examples of these can be up to 12lbs.

I'm sure you all know about these, built like a tank, so so many available tones from P to J to Rick etc etc. I have lusted after one of these for years - ask FlatEric!

See this video for some of the many sounds this makes:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOLvGYHemPo[/media]

And this:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYeH6oQgcOg[/media]

The Phase switch has been replaced in the past with a more modern rounded type of toggle switch, but knowing this in advance I have bought an original flat paddle type switch should the new owner want to take it back to original spec. All works as it should as it is though.

It is a fantastic instrument and I think a future collector's classic.

I want £425.00 for her which is what I paid. No trades please.

P&P not included - I am based in Sussex but can discuss couriers etc if needed.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Edited by Gary Williams