Why become a member? ×

Hofner BB Violin Bass & Hard Case
£240

davehux

For sale is my immaculate Hofner HI-Series B-Bass violin bass. Obviously not a German made 500/1, but I'm not asking £1500 for it :D

Bought brand new by me about a year ago, and it's seen the light of day about half a dozen times to show off at jam nights. Never had a full gig in its life.

Comes complete with a fitted hard case with 2 latches and a luggage lock thing. It also has a set of LaBella BB flatwounds on it for that true Macca thump.

It may look like a toy, with its scrawny little neck and tiny tuners, but those twin humbuckers are MASSIVE!!!!! It outguns many basses twice its size.

Weighs in at exactly 5lb, so glassbacks everywhere can play it all night without crippling themselves.

Condition can only be described as mint. There's not a scratch or ding on it anywhere. You wouldn't know it wasn't brand new. Cheapest prices I could find from a store were £250 for the bass, £65 for the case and £38 for the strings, so at[b] £240 including delivery to a UK address[/b], it's a good saving on a new one

Edited by davehux

I love Hofners I have a '64 Violin and a reissue 2006 Cavern both sound and play superbly and always get lots of compliments from the audience. They are not just for Macca fans and 60s music they can give some serious welly and strung with roundwounds have a surprising range of tones. This is a nice bass for not much money if you want to try out the brand you can't go wrong. Good luck with the sale!

• 4 weeks later...