Why become a member? ×

My new rig as of last weekend

ianrunci

It might not be all that classy but I am very impressed with what Ive bought so far.

I have paid all in all £270 for the following

A Hartke HA 4000R head £100
An Ashdown Mag300R head £90
a 6 unit rack case which is virtually brand new (included with the ashdown)
a Hartke 2x10XL (£40)
And Ashdown Mag 1x15 deep bass cab (£40)

Both cabs and the Hartke look brand new and the mag 300 is in excellent condition too

I tried out the ashdown and it sounds great, it makes the warwick sing, shame Ive sold it now :)
When I tried the Hartke it nearly blew my walls out, a bit loud for my living room i think

But I'm very pleased with it all. I wanted two amps so I would have a back up on gigs. I still have the trace elliott combo but its relegated to the bedroom now

[quote name='ste_m3' post='242221' date='Jul 17 2008, 10:17 PM']Youll be pleased to know the Mag300 and rackcase once belonged to me!

I actually found the head to be very useable! Contrary to popular belief. I believe its the Mag cabs that let the side down.[/quote]

To be honest its going to be D.I'd through a 6K rig so I dont need a lot of volume so I think the cabs will do me fine. I can't really tell the difference between one bass amp and another. if bass comes out the speakers Im happy :) Iv'e never been one of those people who search for the perfect sound cos once its in the mix and through the rig you can't really tell

[quote name='The Funk' post='242233' date='Jul 17 2008, 10:29 PM']You got a Hartke 210XL for 40 quid? Bargain![/quote]

Yeah the only dissapointing part was that when I got there he had just sold his Eden 210 for £150 which was what I originally went to get. :)

Still the other two cabs for 80 quid were still a good buy