Why become a member? ×

HELP!... main differences between some Ibanez SR Series basses (SR300MG, SR400, and SR800).

Jkhono81

[size=4][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hello everyone! :)[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]PLEASE, I need help! I'm looking for a bass guitar to buy and I've found 4 different Ibanez models with the same price range (all are used in good condition): Ibanez SR800 Active Electronic Pro setup (made in Japan), Ibanez SR400, Ibanez SR300, and Ibanez Ergodyne. I'm a guitar player, so I know very little about the Ibanez bass guitars and I've found very little information out there.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Can someone help me to decide (by giving me enough information) which one will be the best for me? I would like to know what are the main differences between SR Series, specifically the 3 I 'm talking about: Ibanez Ergodyne, SR300MG, SR400, and SR800?[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I would also like to know about any other bass guitar brand that you consider the BEST. Every opinion will be very appreciated!! ;)[/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thank you in advance![/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Regards![/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Jkhono81

Hi, if it were me its an easy choice. Comparatively the SR800 is a more expensive instrument. It may have Bartolini electronics, which I love although it could have Ibanez electronics if its an old one. It's made in Japan (I have had two MIJ Ibanez basses that have both been superb) and it has a set up. It also has had a production run of 25 years so there must be something good about it. No brainer!

Here's a quote: [i][color=#414141][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]For 25 years the SR800 has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.[/size][/font][/color][/i]

[color=#414141][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The others are nice capable basses but not in the same class in my book. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#414141][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Note: You should always try before you buy if possible.[/size][/font][/color]

With the SR series it's usually the higher the number the better the model with more interesting body woods, extra strengthening in the necks, better hardware, pickups and electronics. The Ergodyne is quite a different beast - there are different models in the range; I think most of them have Luthite bodies (man-made material) and the high end model has both conventional pickups and piezos in the bridge.