Why become a member? ×

fred Flinstone in da house!

Haha
Nothing wrong with a waney edge in the right context - I have 'Fred Flintstone' shelves in my lounge.
IMO this has been done by someone who has a moderate woodwork ability (machined dovetails and other rudimentary jointing) and a poor sense of design

God knows what it sounds like. As an experienced cabinet maker, even I'd rather leave the acoustic cabinet stuff to the experts. Can you even have an open-backed cab for bass?

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1401040461' post='2459430']
Sort of reminds me of a design I have had in my head for a couple of years. The plan is to take an existing cab and clad it with rough looking boards and add vertical bars in place of a grill, to make the whole thing look like an old animal crate.
[/quote]

keep it in your head...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Personally I'd cover it in brass fittings and cogs and flog it to a Steampunk band :) . I remember first rig I had was a Carlsboro 150w stack (when I knew nothing about anything). Came with one matching 1x15 and an odd shaped 1x15 cab of undetermined origin. Bought some chipboard and basically reverse engineered the Carlsboro cab, and built a copy using the speaker and fittings from the odd shaped cab. Actually sounded better than the Carlsboro original.

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1401043988' post='2459500']
Personally I'd cover it in brass fittings and cogs and flog it to a Steampunk band :) . I remember first rig I had was a Carlsboro 150w stack (when I knew nothing about anything). Came with one matching 1x15 and an odd shaped 1x15 cab of undetermined origin. Bought some chipboard and basically reverse engineered the Carlsboro cab, and built a copy using the speaker and fittings from the odd shaped cab. Actually sounded better than the Carlsboro original.
[/quote]
Yesterday I coughed and sneezed at the same time, [i]that[/i] sounded better than the Carlsboro Stingray I used to own.