Why become a member? ×

New amp advice needed.

LifeBomb

For two weeks I'll have first ("big") gig with my band. Since I still have my little practise amp,I need to get another amp,couse my practise amp is too small,and not very loud.

I've always liked Orange Bass Terror sound. It's really warm and punchy,and also very natural sounding. But the thing is: I don't like tubes. :(

I was wondering if there is some similar amp,but completly solid state,not cheap made,not made in China,with that similar warm tone?

From what I've read/heard,I think Aguilar Tone Hammer could be what I'm looking for. Anyway: if somebody has some other idea,please let me know. Tnx.

aguilar tone hammer will do it, also tc rh750 with a little tweaking will easily do that kind of sound.
i love the sound of the aguilar but it isnt very versatile whereas the TC is probably too versatile for some it takes a while to get to grips with the in depth eq the tube tone control works great as long as you dont have too much of it, subtlety works great.

For the sound you`re after I go with what the others have said, Aguilar Tonehammer. I`ve recently been looking at these myself and there are bucket-loads of pages about them on Talkbass, which seem to confirm this. They seem to be very Ampeg-like, just a tad more modern sounding to me (if set that way of course).

The new Fender Rumble, and the Ashdown Rootmaster may also be worth looking at - deep, warm, rich sounds can be coaxed from each, for the clips I`ve seen.