Why become a member? ×

Best 210 Combo for a PBass

catw4x

Im looking to get a new lightweight 210 combo to play with mainly a PBass.

I play in a rock/indie band and need something with warmth and punch.

I have been looking at the Ashdown Rootmaster 420 210 combo and the new Fender rumble 500 v3

The emminence speakers sound good on the Fender but im seeing a lot of good reviews for the Ashdown.

What do you guys reckon?

thanks

Lat time I saw Colin Hodgkinson he was using a Markbass 2x10 and it sounded fantastic. Mind you he would sound fantastic through a pile of old tin boxes.

A good alternative would be the second-hand Puma 2x12 that's in the For Sale forum at the moment.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1401266429' post='2461729']
A good alternative would be the second-hand Puma 2x12 that's in the For Sale forum at the moment.
[/quote]

A big +1 to that having owned one myself for a while. Absolutely first class combo.

Whilst I like the sound on the clips of both the Fender Rumble and the Ashdown Rootmaster, having heard the Markbass CMD102p live with a P-Bass, that would be my choice, unless needing some form of gain. To be honest I`d probably still go for the CMD, and add in a pedal.

[quote name='6v6' timestamp='1401265890' post='2461718']
MarkBass CMD102p
[/quote]

+1

I heard somebody using a low end BC Rich bass with a P pickup in it, through my old Markbass rig. If you closed your eyes you'd think it was the real deal!!

The Fender Rumble 500 Combo is good. It's 350 watts @ 8 ohms. With an 8 ohm extension cab, it's 500 watts @ 4 ohms. The third generation of Rumbles are very well made, also. Real wood cabs that are light enough, without the extra weight the MDF material the first, and second generation Rumbles were made of. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ioKd4hk.gif[/IMG] Reasonably priced as well with Eminence Speakers too.