Why become a member? ×

New band's first rehearsal

xgsjx

I joined a new band a couple of months back. We've met as 2 or 3 at a time & once as all 4 of us, each time in the keys player's place (he has a home studio) & we played through headphones.

Last night we had our first sesh as the full band in a rehearsal room. It took us a little time to get set up & then get the levels right, but once we had, the results was well worth the efforts. We've only written the one song so far, but the theory is to get one completely finished before starting on the next song (though there's the basics for a good few songs sitting waiting to be worked on).
To top things off, the studios were being interviewed by a film crew that are promoting the different things in Perth & they asked us if we'd like to play a song & do a small interview (so the song can't be that bad then). They said they'll send us a link to the TV, YouTube & Facebook pages once it's up, so here's hoping. :)

Anyway, here's a snip from last night's session with lots of my ugly mush.

[media]http://youtu.be/B8_vadsuPf4[/media]

Cheers. :)
I think the song calls for a fairly simple driving bassline. Anything more would probably take away from the song. I'm looking forward to some of the more electronica stuff that we have sitting, as the basslines are somewhat more technical.