Why become a member? ×

First post -In Amps- Thanking the UK for what they have given me!!

Classic69

1/2 of a rig I planned to relive having B15's- an N and an R- both long gone.
I missed having a cab w/ a 15" wanted a (relatively) low-power all- tube, errr. I mean valve :lol: head.

This 1/2 came today, and I want to thank the UK for building it! It is amazing! Great build, fantastic tone and features, a real joy to play. I hooked it up for now to my MBF500 and it is awesome.

The CMT-100 will be here Tuesday; Oh, how I look forward to hearing those 2 together.
I KNOW!

So- Thank You England; Thank you Ashdown! You SHORE know how to build bass amps.!

Bravo!

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1401478137' post='2464105']
I don't get the SHORE thing.

Anyway, congrats on your new baby.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I guess I didn't mention I live in the USA; and that was my (apparently bad) impression of how we talk in my neck of the woods, as in
[i]"Shore[/i] 'nuff, that cab has a nice frequency range,[i] shore '[/i]nuff" Or something similar...

Never Mind!

Oh! No problem. The local accents and dialects in the UK change massively over distances as short as ten miles so you're excused. :-)

We get a bigger difference in 30 miles than you guys get between Virginia and Massachusetts.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1401485611' post='2464229']
Oh! No problem. The local accents and dialects in the UK change massively over distances as short as ten miles so you're excused. :-)

We get a bigger difference in 30 miles than you guys get between Virginia and Massachusetts.
[/quote]

I've been over! Covered some ground from London to Wales and much of Southern England. I would have LOVED to see the Ashdown plant, or Bass Direct, but my traveling partner/GF kept insisting we see silly things like Castles and Palaces and Historic sights/ magnificent countryside instead! :unsure:

I had a much easier time understanding the lingo in the UK of course than I did in France, Italy, Switzerland, etc.!!

Most difficult tho was in a small record shop in a VERY small Irish town, forget where, maybe outside of Blarney.?.The teen-age clerks were asking me where I was from, etc. & I had a hard time understanding a word they said! :lol:

Shore 'nuff!

Edited by Classic69

You can see all the castles and palaces on line without having to leave your bed and you can download and photoshop much better shots than you'll ever take yourself but for all the man stuff you have to actually go there. I would have reached a compromise: she stays at home and surfs the net while you go to the UK and visit bass places :-D

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1401530986' post='2464447']
You can see all the castles and palaces on line without having to leave your bed and you can download and photoshop much better shots than you'll ever take yourself but for all the man stuff you have to actually go there. I would have reached a compromise: she stays at home and surfs the net while you go to the UK and visit bass places :-D
[/quote]

You are correct, but had I done that, I would have been a lonely Man! :lol:

I'll return. Leeds Castle was magnificent,I forget the name, but Henry (VIII?) Gardens w/ the Great Vine was superb, Bath was a trip
Brighton was FUN!, Stonehenge just wow!, Didn't like the Disneyland tour of Shakespeare's home in Stratford, had the best scones [i]ever[/i] in Devonshire, the countryside was so beautiful- Thatched roof homes for real- Shore nuff don't see those 'round here!

And I've traveled a lot, London is without question one of the World's great cities just mind-blowing. So much there it is a sense overload.

Back to bass- That cabinet demonstrates British craftsmanship, the details and care taken in it's build. And it sounds HEAVy, which btw it is not!
Only 41 USA lbs, not sure of how many kilos that is! :)

I know I'll be thrilled when FedEx brings me the CMT-100 Tuesday. Tubes/Valves!

Edited by Classic69

[quote name='Classic69' timestamp='1401551053' post='2464676']

Back to bass- That cabinet demonstrates British craftsmanship, the details and care taken in it's build. And it sounds HEAVy, which btw it is not!
Only 41 USA lbs, not sure of how many kilos that is! :)

[/quote]

We do lbs too! We drive in miles but fuel our cars in litres and then measure the efficiency in miles/gallon but remember our gallons are 4.54 litres whereas yours are 3.8 but that's because your pint is 16 fl.oz whereas our is 20 fl.oz. When we weigh ourselves we don't use lbs like you guys or kg like the Europeans, we have Stones and lbs so I'm 13st 11lb which is, uh, too much :-)

One thing that everybody else measures that we don't is the area of our homes, we have no idea what you mean when you say, "my condominium is 1250 sq.ft", we just have no frame of reference.

I nearly bought a CMT-100 myself, came very close indeed. I'll be interested to hear what you make of it :-)

[quote name='Classic69' timestamp='1401551053' post='2464676']
I'll return. Leeds Castle was magnificent,I forget the name, but Henry (VIII?) Gardens w/ the Great Vine was superb, Bath was a trip
Brighton was FUN!, Stonehenge just wow!, Didn't like the Disneyland tour of Shakespeare's home in Stratford, had the best scones [i]ever[/i] in Devonshire, the countryside was so beautiful- Thatched roof homes for real- Shore nuff don't see those 'round here!
[/quote]

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/203217-does-he-deserve-her/page__view__findpost__p__2022231

Hello Larry.

Goodbye Larry.