Why become a member? ×

EWS BMC help please. SORTED!

tbonepete

Hi all pedal experts,
I've just taken delivery of a BMC pedal and have an issue with one bass when using the pedal.
Firstly, my Fender AMDJV, Ibanez SR1205, and Steinberger Synapse V all work fine regardless of volume, eq, blend or active/passive as appropriate and they work fine with the pedal whether it's in bypass or activated, BUT my Sandberg makes one hell of a hum if the pedal is in bypass mode and the bass's volume isn't full on. I've checked the batteries on both the pedal, and the bass (both new batteries, and checked on my multimeter), checked and swapped leads in and out, and as mentioned above tried my other basses on all settings and pedal in bypass and active mode.
Has anyone any ideas why the Sandberg, and the BMC won't play nicely with the volume backed off and the pedal in bypass mode?
A bit long winded I know, but I wanted to supply as much information as possible.
Many thanks in advance,
Cheers Pete

Edited by tbonepete

Hi guys, and gals,
I've rummaged through my spare leads box and tried a couple of other leads, and hey presto! The noise seems to have gone. Strange that it affected only one bass though, but still a win is a win!
Thanks , and have a good weekend all !

Cheers Pete

I own this pedal but only really suffered buzz and hum when it was either broke of boosting the high mids a bit which is only natural. It must have been a bad combination between bass, lead and pedal.

At rehearsals my stuff seems too feedback like hell sometimes, but mostly on gigs and recording there isn't an issue. So maybe some kind of electrical issue that has only effected the sandberg.

At least it's fixed for now.