Why become a member? ×

Finding the right band

JamesBass

So following more upheaval with bands, I'm yet again looking for a new band/project!

I have several bands interested as well as some solo musicians but so far nothing has come of these over the past few weeks so once again I want to make a concerted effort in finding or forming a band, so where is the best place to look?

As long as there are no issues with the drummer from the last band I would say there's your starting point...next port of call might be local teachers where you can leave details for guitarists/horns. A good singer, now that's a different matter all together...what about Open mic nights?

As always with these threads, the quality of the advice you'll get is directly proportionate to the amount of information you provide us with.

Are you 17 or 70?

Do you play like Jaco or like Les Dawson?

Are you keen on bebop or punk?

I'm sure you get the idea ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1401557097' post='2464744']
As always with these threads, the quality of the advice you'll get is directly proportionate to the amount of information you provide us with.

Are you 17 or 70?

Do you play like Jaco or like Les Dawson?

Are you keen on bebop or punk?

I'm sure you get the idea ...
[/quote]
20, style somewhere loosely based on Chuck Rainey, Jamerson, and Pino. Though able and comfortable playing heavier stuff.

I'm looking for anything that's interesting and fun!

Sadly the last drummer was pretty naff! Yet to find someone who's able to swing it and rock it consistently!