Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Problems

HELP.

I was playing at a gig on saturday night. A little way into the second set, I notice a funny smell coming from my amp. Volume drops, and cabs appear distorted. Then cabs completely cut out. Preamp continued to work fine, so I had to finish the gig through the PA.

I have had the amp and cabs out tonight. All my gear is as below:

Ashdown ABM Evo II
Ashdown 210C
Ashdown 115C

Not used at gig:

Ashdown 410
Trace Elliot 715 combo.

The ABM head when plugged into compact cabs produces nothing, not even a hum. When plugged into my 410 I get a prominent. Not the kind of background interference from mains hum....but an actually pitched note hum, that makes you turn things off straight away.

Tested the compact cabs with the amp from my combo. Nothing. Not even a buzz. I then test trace elliot amp with 410, just to check I wasn't going mental, and yes, that worked fine.

So as it looks, the head and two compact cabs are goosed.

What I can't get my head around is what could cause the head and cabs to both go caput? I assume when stood on stage thinking about the £20 notes pissing away as I was playing, that it was just the power amp in the head that had gone.

Any thoughts or post mortems would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt