Why become a member? ×

RBD - Returned Bass Day!

Telebass

Today, I regained possession of my Squier VM Precision TB. This was one of, if not THE first one in the UK. I swapped it for a Telecaster cheese grater. Now I have it back! It's just as it was when I let it go - same set of Rotobass 40-100s even!
As it's been stored and ignored, the neck needs to settle a bit. Pics as soon as it's been cleaned and reassembled!

I'm in London tomorrow for a trip to Moorfields Eye Hospital, so may not be able to resist a trip to Wunjos for a new set of strings! TIs if I can afford it.
That will give some serious oomph with that big mudbucker. The pickup is dropped level with the pickguard at the moment. If it's set as per spec, it has to be plugged into an 'active' input!

Well, couldn't run to the TIs, so chose my next favourite for flats without too much tension - a set of EB Group IV 40-60-75-95s.
After some fettling (more to do yet), it's playing well and sounding as only such a pickup/string combo can - massive!