Why become a member? ×

**SOLD PENDING**Trace Elliott Twin Valve
£220

Trace Elliott Twin Valve Valve head.
I went through a bit of an amp addiction phase, and picked this up a few months ago. It's quite an amazing amp, but I just don't have use for it. I spent money making sure this is working perfectly.

This has 2x12AX7s in the preamp and 2x6550s in the power section.

I recently took both my valve amps to valve amp guru John Chambers for a checkup/MOT. He told me that one of the power valves was kaput, so put in a matching replacement and given a check over. Now it has been signed off as working 100%.
It really is astounding how loud this head is through my Super Twin cab - it had the whole room vibrating with the chairs moving across the floor.

Tonewise, it's very versatile. You can get some nice dirt when pushing it, but overall I'd say it's a clean sounding valve amp. There is a preset which gives a scooped EQ (I found this nice for reggae with the treble backed off) and you can kick in the slidey EQ to mould the tone to your tastes. There is a lot of deep bass available from this head, but it can easily be controlled.

It is a well-used head, and you can tell cosmetically. The master knob is a replacement, and several of the slidey EQ tabs have snapped, but all are still easily adjustable, even by a nail-biter like me. You can see from the pics the condition. It's well used, but working fine.

One of my favourite things about this head is the ease of transport. It's not heavy for a valve amp, and the side handles mean you can grab it with one hand and it hangs really nicely down by your side. Check out the picture of me holding it by the handle with one finger!

I'd really rather this was picked up, but if you want to arrange a courier, that can be done.
I'm in NG6 Nottingham, not far from J26 of the M1
My Feedback
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169000-roland-rock/"]http://basschat.co.u...00-roland-rock/[/url]
This is part of a big clearout, so no trades please

Edited by Roland Rock