Why become a member? ×

**SOLD PENDING**Glockenklang Soul Head
£520

Glockenklang Soul high-end bass amp, made in Germany . This is a lovely sounding head, and I thought it would be my keeper head, but I've moved to a pre/power amp setup now.
It's solid state and very pure sounding. What I like about it is that it is very transparent, yet still adds 'girth' and depth to the tone (especially at high volumes) It also has a lovely overdrive from the pre, despite not being valve. It never sounds harsh or unmusical.
From what I hear, most Glock owners bypass the EQ as they love the core tone so much, and that's what I ended up doing too. I've had many compliments from sound guys and bass players.

It seems to be very 'honestly' rated in terms of watts - it's plenty loud enough for band situations. The master volume actually works like a volume should - turning from zero to fully clockwise yields a steady increase in volume - no 80% at halfway like many others - and it thrives on being cranked - something I feel many D Class amps are not so great at.

Some user reviews: [url="http://www.bassgeardirect.com.au/Glockenklang%20Images%20Info/080426%20Harmony%20Central%20Review%20Soul%20Top%20%20Version%201.pdf"]http://www.bassgeard...Version%201.pdf[/url]

Here's the info from Glock:

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The Glockenklang Soul head rewards its owners with clear, articulate and powerful sound reproduction. Its power amp was designed to be lightning fast, and to deliver high fidelity performance. The pre amp´s main feature is the 5 band eq, with it´s specially tailored frequency centers. It allows the artist to quickly and exactly shape his individual sound. The Soul amplifier is a top instrument for discriminating bass artists, capable of producing a lively and accurate bass sound, even under extreme conditions. Increased gain levels provide smooth overdrive.[/size][/font][/color]

[left][b][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Features:[/size][/font][/b][/left]
High performance power amp section (440 watts / 4 0hms, 250 watts / 8 ohms)
Excellent equalization section
LED peak indicator for pre amp and power amp
LED indicators for all switch functions
Optimally routed effects loops
Dual input A/B box with separate pre gain trim for input B
Balanced DI out with level control
Compact and robust 2 space amplifier exterior
[left][b][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Inputs:[/size][/font][/b][/left]
Input A for passive instruments
Input B for active instruments, with additional pre gain trim control

[left][b][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Tone controls:[/size][/font][/b][/left]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Switchable 5 band EQ
Bass +/- 15 dB
Low +/- 12 dB
Mid +/- 8 dB
High +/- 12 dB
Treble +/- 12 dB[/size][/font]

[left][b][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Effect lopps[/size][/font][/b][/left]
1serial effects loop, pre eq
1parallel effects loop, post eq, intensity controlled by effects section on the
front panel, footswitchable Dimensions: 19", 2 rackspaces Weight: 11 kg, (24lbs)

Condition is good. There are a few very small dots where paint has scratched off the edges, and one tiny scratch on top. Otherwise, it's tip top. I prefer not to rackmount my gear (I never feel like they offer enough protection from knocks/vibrations) and keep it in a
padded case for transport, placing it on the cab for playing. You'll notice that I've put some Sugru (black silicone) on the corners. This is for extra protection and it makes slipping it into a case much easier. If you don't like this, just peel/cut it off.

If shipping, I'd rather use the foam-lined case (pictured) but I must say that although this case offers good protection for the head, it is not what I'd call a gig-quality case.
I also have a Warwick rockbag rackbag that you can have.

I'm in Nottingham, near J26 of the M1
My Feedback: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169000-roland-rock/"]http://basschat.co.u...00-roland-rock/[/url]
This is part of a big clearout, so no trades please

Edited by Roland Rock