Why become a member? ×

TC electronic tone print

Kevin Dean

It came out after the rebel head line had already been developed and brought to market is my guess.

I think they are missing a trick with it though, they could develop a 'blank' pedal and it to have the ability to have any tone print installed onto it.

I had the BH250 head and sold it, what a chump ! Went and bought a BG250 2x8 yesterday. Such a good amp and its a perfect fit on top of my 1x15 cab too. Bonus!
I don't think it will be to long before its on there high end heads too.
The blank pedal idea would be an awsome product, some patient that idea quick!
Or a three or four pedal bank in one unit that would be cool.

Tried it last night & what a great amp I don't know if it's because the Barefaced cabs are very efficient , but it's very loud & gives a great tone with out having to do anything & the tone print is amazing . I'll be gigging this ASAP . At £260 including foot switch I'm now wondering how long it's going to last , or is just under priced ? ;)

I've had a BG250 115 for just over a year. It's been good and entirely reliable. Only criticism is that I've found it a bit wooden in the mids - maybe just needs pairing with a 2x10 cab? Not sure I found the toneprint that easy to use - bit fiddly when playing live and my Zoom Multi-Stomp pedal has been the better option. I liked the tubedrive a lot and was a bit surprised they've dropped this for a second toneprint on the Mk2.

I am thinking of trading in my combo (maybe for e.g. an Aggie TH500 plus Berg cab?) now though. Given that it's still in great condition, what do folk think would be a fair price for it second hand? Guess I'd got £195 in mind?