Why become a member? ×

MS60B Synth effect.

Si600

I'd like some pointers on how to get a sensible synth effect from an MS60B please.

I can't seem to get any nice noise out of it, I can get the "Peow" sound on the first note but then it either doesn't happen again or sort of does a long drawn out one over several notes. I've tried all the synth patches and they all have a little bit of what I want but not all in one. Maybe I need to read up on what the effects are copies of and see how the real thing worked.

I don't have the MS60B, although I am thinking of buying one! I was uninspired by any of the synth sounds I'd heard in demos. I wondered if I was to string octave, fuzz and envelope in a chain, perhaps with chorus, flange or phaser at the end, would it do a decent job? Worth a shot! If you try it please report back!

Edited by Bigwan

I've had best results with the one called Z-syn, it's an emulation of the Korg G5 i believe.

You could also try using one of the envelope filters with a bit of distortion as Bigwan suggests.

Another think I've found useful is adding a bit of chorus downstream, that fattens the sound out a bit.