Why become a member? ×

Good, reliable, cheap-ish couriers for cabs

Jono Bolton

I've found a cab I'd like but it's down in London, and I'm up in Glasgow, so picking up is not an option, but the seller has said if I arrange the courier they'll pack it up for me.

Now, I've not couriered a cab in ages, so I can't remember who I've used in the past. Can anyone give me any recommendations? I'd be looking for a 24 hour courier so it can be picked up on Monday and delivered on Tuesday when I'm off, and they must be willing to take a parcel that weighs in at approx 35kg. I don't want to spend loads on the courier but I understand that due to the size and weight my hands may well be tied on that one. Most importantly, I don't want someone who's going to deliver it in more pieces that it was sent in.

All suggestions appreciated!

[size=4]I would NOT suggest myHerpes. I've had more than one bad experience with them.[/size]
[size=4]I've used various services over the years and mostly had a good result. Which is not to guarantee that you will.[/size]

[size=4]Having said that a cab is a very strong and robust box - not like sending a bass. It's unlikely to be damaged.[/size]

ANY courier service you choose will have horror stories associated with them on the interweb.
Whichever one you choose, you will have Courier Anxiety until safe delivery has been confirmed, so take your pick! :)

Though I think an item that weighs 35kg is going to restrict your choices somewhat.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1402668588' post='2475815']
interparcel have always done ok for me, generally either use their 'own brand' courier (I think they usually turn out to be dpd).
[/quote]
[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1402669318' post='2475830']
I`ve used Interparcel quite a lot this year, usually choose their own service, or UPS. No problems with anything yet.
[/quote]
+1 to that. Enter weight and dimensions, and Interparcel comes up with a range of options with prices. It's sometimes better to go for a slightly dearer service from the list, because they have better insurance cover, which you'd end up paying more for as an add-on to the cheaper services.

Edited by JapanAxe

Read the small print where extra insurance is concerned - courier companies will happily take the extra premiums off you, then if you do make a claim, will point to their T&Cs which often exclude musical instruments or electronic equipment.

Edited by discreet