Why become a member? ×

My old Trace Elliot Series 6 AH100

spike

[url="https://flic.kr/p/nGk4ma"][/url]

Here's a picture of my old Trace Elliot series 6 AH100 which I bought new in 1992 and was my main gigging amp until 2 years ago when I bought a Little Mark III. I kept it as a spare but it's never been needed. Thought I might as well sell it so I checked today and found 1. there is an audible 'thud' from my cab when I switch it on and 2. it hums quite loudly. Can't remember either of those things from when I was using it regularly. Also, the line out doesn't work.

So, the question is, is it worth selling or is it time for it to go to amp heaven?

Get it fixed. Terrific little amps the series 6 stuff. You'll always get trace elliot haters but many people still love them for a good reason. I think the weight thing is nonsense unless you're medically unfit to carry anything or just a total wuss. We all benefit from a little exercise and with a little eq knowhow trave stuff sounds great. Plus you've had it this long it's family now.