Why become a member? ×

Unique bitsa 'Thunder Jet Ray' SOLD!
£160

Paul S

Moving this one on, after all we've been through together!

Started life as a Westone Thunder Jet. Bodily scarred when i got it, I gave it a polish so it is now a glossier finish than the usual matt black of a Thunder Jet. I fitted a J-East P-Retro, which made it a bit of a beast! Generic Gotoh-a-like high mass bridge.

Mods - I had fairly serious GAS to try a Musicman style pickup in this, so I bought a Delano MM pup on here and sent it off to Bass Doc. Howard did the necessary routing to fit the pickup, custom made a black scratch plate, also fitted a series parallel switch into the plate together with the little LED for the P Retro. Then routed the back to make access better and made a custom cover. As you can see in the pics, he made a cracking job of it and it really is a lovely looking bass.

Trouble is I don't like it the way it is now - I preferred it before, with the P-Style pickup.

It plays very well - the Westone Thunder series are great quality and good for modding. The neck is lovely. This is one of the lighter models and there is very slight neck dive, cured by a wide strap. Not in EB0 league, though. The P-Retro, Delano pup and series/parallel switching makes this a very versatile bass. it doesn't sound like a Westone - nearer to a MM but not quite.

Vital stats - weighs approx. 8lbs, neck is 40mm at the nut. 22 frets, currently fitted with D'Addario chrome flats.

Be a shame to part it out so I am pricing it way below its worth. I am asking £160 collected from SS7, deliver within reason for fuel or meet half-way. Or £180 posted (mainland UK only).

[attachment=165406:tjetray1.jpg][attachment=165407:tjetray2.jpg][attachment=165408:tjetray3.jpg]

Edited by Paul S