Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

The Juliana Hatfield Three.

I'm a big fan of Juliana, partly because she works at the job of songwriting, works at it like a regular job. This live album, The White Broken Line, wasn't easy to get hold of - it's one if my favourite albums from her. 

Edited by lemonstar

4 hours ago, lemonstar said:

I'm a big fan of Juliana, partly because she works at the job of songwriting, works at it like a regular job. This live album, The White Broken Line, wasn't easy to get hold of - it's one if my favourite albums from her. 

I had a playlist on Spotify that had seven or eight albums on it, all female fronted bands.  Once a week I used to have to drive to Wolverhampton and back for work, and I'd shuffle the tracks.

JH3 was on there, Bully, Chumped, Cayetana, Veruca Salt, Potty Mouth, Momma, Blake Babies (of course), Snail Mail.

I have just found this excellent short podcast series on BBC Sounds:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hr4zmc

It's called "Song Exploder", where different musicians take apart one of their best known songs.  I'd never heard of most of them, but they're all good. "Go your own way" was interesting - when the rhythm section don't really want to play what the composer wanted. 😛

Posted (edited)

I was never a fan of Suede, but liked Bernard Butler quite a lot.  It was a masterstroke re-releasing People Move On with BB rerecording the vocals; his voice has matured beyond belief.

The new album ('Good Grief') is a wonderful thing.  If there were comparisons, I'd compare it to the magnificence of Charlie Sexton's 'Under The Wishing Tree'.

This is a wonderful, wonderful album.

Edited by NancyJohnson
You Tube...

Posted (edited)

An old favourite I'll always come back to. Italian anarcho punk from '92. 
The best two best female hardcore/punk vocals I've heard. 

(I only listen to the first two songs though. Not that the other two aren't any good, I'd just rather listen to the first two again.)

Play it loud!

Edited by HornetPinata
play it loud

Posted (edited)

Whoops. Nearly forgot. You need som Assfactor 4 after all of that. 

Sorry for spamming. Over to Dorothy: well, that didn't work but it's around 11:50. 

I've gone to far, timestamp failure. Jesus I'm aging. 

Dorothy lyrics:

To be ok with it any more, and not hopelessly clicking heels is alright.

not wondering in and out of bars with f***ers saying I'm confused.

I don't have to f***ign account for more than one thing on my mind and someone elses idea of being "confused" made me the luckiest kid in the god damn state

Dear Grandpa is a lyrical favourite: "What they told me in their smoke signals - I just coughed" and "My mind's made up, I can't decide." 

"f*** hate breeders" is an absolute marvel:

How can you live your life with hate as its base with silly anthems of the numb? your existence is spineless your heart is pathetic, your nothing without love. You knew for all this shit about responsibility that you float. above on bubbles made of cellophane you deserve all of the boredom you can spread on a bagel and shove it up your ass.

❤️

Yes, I'm fifteen one when I listen to the music that will be with me all my life. Not sorry for that. But I apologise for spamming. Especially if no-one doesn't find a trace of something that made something tingle and got them to search for more. 

Edited by HornetPinata
I did my best. The lord of timstamping does no react to sighs

Posted (edited)

Trying to make up for lack of bass with a Hammerhead song called "Brest", the drums and the bass groove are ace. Last one I promise, feck I'm trying to make thing more normal as if I want them to be, enjoy - it's a good exercise.

Edited by HornetPinata
no