Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Just listened to the track Molchat Doma have released in advance of a new album (6th Sep - why do they notify fans so far in advance?)

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/molchat-doma-announce-new-album-share-son-video/

Details of tour which starts not long after the album is released

Sun. Oct. 20 – Glasgow, UK @ SWG3 Galvanizers
Tue. Oct. 22 – Manchester, UK @ New Century
Wed. Oct. 23 – Bristol, UK @ SWX
Thu. Oct. 24 – London, UK @ Roundhouse

Waiting on delivery of the Trevor Bolder solo album Sail The Rivers. Came across it on Youtube by chance and had a listen. Was fair impressed by the final production. Singer is very impressive and includes drumming by Lee Kerslake on a few tracks.

If you like Heep, Trevor Bolder and good classic rock music then its worth a wee listen.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Came across this wee snippet while driving today. Had no idea who it was and thought it was possibly an early Uriah Heep. Got home and was surprised to find it was ELP.

• Like 1

'One Hand Clapping' by Wings.  Enjoying this immensely (second run through already today).

Wings are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.  I remember my mum buying me Wings Over America one Christmas on the recommendation of the owner of the record shop where I'd get all my records from.  Those three or four albums from the run that led up to this live album (Band On The Run, Venus And Mars, Wings At The Speed of Sound) are regular go-to listening.  The recent Band On The Run (Underdubbed Mixes) was a freaking 10/10 joy. 

Some newer Hardcore from 1997. His Hero Is Gone, "Monument To Thieves" from 1997.

"Like weeds we will grow." 

Love that line.

ps. track nr 8 "Headless/Heartless" is a peach, as is trick nr 5 Automation.

Edited by HornetPinata
better sounding YouTube video
  • Thanks 1

Currently listening to the REM best of compilation

My tastes generally veer to the extreme end of metal, but I had an urge to listend to this earlier in the week and I really enjoyed it, had it on a couple of times since. The songwriting and arrangements are superb

I'm listening to this album right now.

Somehow, I got an email from a percussionist who'd heard me at a dep gig in a pub and is looking for someone to play Cuban music. The first track has an appropriate bassline, and turns out to be rather nice.

Rhearsal footage.

Pretty long version.  I love how the bass player is playing way outside of the box.Very raw, no post production.  This is what Chic sounds like live.

Headphones or ear buds needed for this one

Daryl

• Thanks 1