Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 18/06/2024 at 02:14, HornetPinata said:

Some newer Hardcore from 1997. His Hero Is Gone, "Monument To Thieves" from 1997.

"Like weeds we will grow." 

Love that line.

ps. track nr 8 "Headless/Heartless" is a peach, as is trick nr 5 Automation.

This is awesome!

Thank you for making me aware of this band/album!

• Like 1

Jeff Beck

Some really great players on the local jazz scene are starting a Jeff Beck tribute band and asked me to join. I’m trying to learn everything by ear so I don’t have to rely on charts. 

I’m especially looking forward to playing this one…

2 hours ago, steantval said:

Massive live production, superb musicianship, exceptional bass sound, hairs on back of neck reaction 👍👏

This is quite superb. Ryan Molloy genuinely heir apparent to Holly Johnson; pity they couldn't get it together to do an album.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

This is quite superb. Ryan Molloy genuinely heir apparent to Holly Johnson; pity they couldn't get it together to do an album.

I agree, that was really good and I did love the bass tone. So am I right in thinking that the other singer at the front, bassist and guitarist were the original musicians from FGTH? If so, the bassist wasn't too bad :)

26 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I agree, that was really good and I did love the bass tone. So am I right in thinking that the other singer at the front, bassist and guitarist were the original musicians from FGTH? If so, the bassist wasn't too bad :)

Paul Rutherford (vocals), Mark Toole (bass) and Ped Gill (drums) were 60% of the original line up.  Holly Johnson and Brian Nash (guitar) declined the invite.  The guitarist who stepped in was Jed O'Toole who was the band's original guitarist.  Fair play.

I was suprised to read they did a few dates through 2005 with RM, there doesn't seem to be anything online - footage/audio.  Shame.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I normally avoid guitar hero albums like the plague but the exception to the rule is Joe Satriani's 80s to early 00s albums, bar his 1995 eponymous misfire. Thing is these show he has a real knack for melody and a memorable hook, most of which his peers lack, IMO. 

Edited by Barking Spiders