Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Posted (edited)

Doktor Kosmos, irreverent Swedish 1990s indie pop rock with prog sensibilities, on the same North of No South label as that immaculate band called  Komeda.
"Stoppa valfriheten" may be translated as "Stop Freedom of Choice".
At the bottom of the cover is a list of proposed albums to buy - most of them on other labels. 😀 (Quite readable in full screen.)

Edited by BassTractor

Enjoying a wee revival of Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush. Had What's Next album on vinyl and bought a triple album CD incl LIVE, Tales of the Unexpected and What's Next.

The guy is a terrific guitarist and the bass player is very impressive doing some really nice riffs for this kind of music.

Here's a couple of tracks from it. 

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul_5 said:

Jesus! Bad day at the office for Mr. Astbury.

yeah, he never had the best voice live back then, imo, but I love this performance. Much better as a trio than when the bassist was moved to rhythm guitar for later album tours.

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

;)

ok, I can listen to that and I'm a fan of Painkiller:

So I guess if it sounds like the sax is being tortured then I do actually like it. But Stetson manages to make it listenable without the torture side.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2021 at 15:38, Cliff Edge said:

Nobody Forgets Behind Healer by Mr Huy2Hm
On hold for our local surgery.  Currently caller number 5 in the queue. 

<edit> No bass in that track by the way..Finally made it to caller number 0. </edit>

That one uni health centre tune thats stayed the same and somehow gives me peace. I've scoured the depths of the internet could you find the actual song anywhere? other than the shazam? ty and hv a good day!