Why become a member? ×

Tanglewood Traveller bass

While I'm waiting for my fretless bass buying budget to increase again, I'm lowballing this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electro-Acoustic-fretless-Travel-Bass-Guitar-ex-demo-half-size-bass-with-tuner-/171380224548?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27e70eb224&autorefresh=true

I like the idea of a bass like this, and have enough budget to increase my bid to a plausible amount if I want to. (I've seen two of them sell, one on ebay, one on here). But, particularly up the fret board, isn't there a problem of the fret positions being quite close together? You do say that they're easy to play, so I presume that isn't a problem. If I had one of these, I'd play it unplugged as well. A bit of sound would be important on a fretless, so that I can identify intonation fails, I would guess. But if I increase my bid, this would be instead of a more 'normal' fretless bass, rather than in addition to one.