Why become a member? ×

Building a Jazz Bass - The Result.

Thor

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1408097468' post='2527028']
Looks great, slightly concerned about your bridge placement though, if its not in the right place then intonation goes out of the window, id make sure that its right asap other than that im loving the green and tort.
[/quote]

I've come to realise that - I set it up properly last night and it was a bit of a bugger to intonate tbh & also it just doesnt look right IMO so will be re-fettling & repositioning the bridge tonight! :)

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1408097633' post='2527030']
Excellent - liking that a lot, though agree with Bassassin that a pearl pickguard might work better, and def needs a decal
[/quote]

I had mixed feelings regarding the pickguard - I tried a white one/mint one and also a pearl guard but it all looked a bit wishy washy (if you know where I'm coming from) so settled on tort - the inspiration for this build was seeing Geddy Lee's surf green Jazz on the last tour, I went for Seafoam as it retains some of the green colour under stage lights rather than having that washed out Oly white look about it. I've got two Oly white Jazzes already. I've ordered a decal last night - will offer it up and make a decision. :)