Why become a member? ×

A wrong un?

davehux

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Bass-Guitar-With-Flight-Case-and-Strap-Good-Condition/251609235347?_trksid=p2047675.c100013.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D24198%26meid%3D8917444631167281939%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D10286%26rk%3D8%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D261196591210

Funny bridge. Funny scratch plate hole spacing. Funny logo

9 bob note, or a slightly modded US P?

Enjoy ;-)

Hmmm, not sure, certainly not to put a £500 bid down. No info and rubbish pics to boot- there is no telling whether that's a genuine model or not. Plus he seems intentionally vague in the description too which i'm always dubious of- you can almost smell the paypal dispute coming "I never described it as a genuine USA Precision bass…."

It's near to me and it initially looks ok - like someone in the early 80s saw a Mighty Mite catalogue and decided to 'fancy it up'. As many who could afford it and wanted to bling up the work of Mr Fender did. The strap and case pics could just be an inexperienced non muso seller just trying to be honest. Feedback makes me think secondhand shop or newish seller. I've seen those worn decals before - I had a similar era Mustang like that and it was/is totally legit. I would want to go and have a look but I wouldn't dismiss it. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

If you can pick it up with one hand, it's fake. :gas:
The real ones from this era tip the scales around 11 pound.
That aside, they are the highest epitaph of Precision sustain growl in this format, especially the heavy ones .

Once you play a genuine lead lined (feels like it ) 76-79 precision, the others feel like fakes.