Why become a member? ×

Unusual USA G&L L2000. *TRADED*
£850

solo4652

Edit on 18th August; Help! - I've found a nice Fender P/J that I'd like to buy, but I need to sell the G&L first. New price for G&L is £750.

I've been resisting this for a while but I'm not playing it so here goes;

I have a USA G&L L2000 here, made in 2000. It's an unusual one because it has the body binding. Blueburst + natural binding, maple neck with some light figuring, rosewood board. It's in very good nick overall, but there is a small chip out of the front of the "bottle opener" part of the headstock. There is also some tarnishing on the control knobs. Other than that, no big dings or damage, or electrical issues whatsoever. Some very minor swirling on the back of the body. The bass is completely original. Frets virtually unmarked. Comes with original G&L case (some minor scuffing), tools, owners manual, controls sheet and, importantly, the Certificate of Authenticity. Photos below - let me know if you want some other shots taken.

NOW TRADED

MIA or MIJ 4-string, passive Fender P/J, with a P neck width and forearm body contour

or

USA G&L SB-1 or 1st generation SB-2, possibly a L1000, with wide neck (like the L2000) and forearm contour

[attachment=168834:Outside photo.JPG]
[attachment=168835:001.JPG]
[attachment=168836:003.JPG]
[attachment=168837:004.JPG]
[attachment=168838:005.JPG]
[attachment=169699:Blueburst.jpg]

Edited by solo4652

Let's have another go.

New price of £750, since I've found a nice Fender P/J...

Trade for something like;

Fender MIJ Aerodyne Precision

Fender Hot Rod Precision

Fender American Deluxe Precision

Maybe a non-Fender P/J, as long as it has a P-width neck and a forearm contour. Passive, or passive-switchable.

Edited by solo4652

Thanks Rikki.

New picture added to original post to show the bass in action. As I'm sure you can tell, we're halfway through Bohemian Like You.

The bass is a bit of a looker that often attracts compliments when it goes out. Shame about the ageing cushion-smuggler who plays it, however..

Steve

Edited by solo4652