Why become a member? ×

Lowering action on badass bridge

Teddy_Hitch

Hello guys, I want to lower my strings closer to the fretboard but not reli to sure how to go about it. I have a fender precision bass with a badass bass 2 bridge and was wondering how I should go about it. I dont want to go doing something stupid! lols!

Anyway any ideas would be very appreciated! :)

Edited by Teddy_Hitch

Use the Allen key for the saddles screws to lower the height of the saddles and therefore the strings. I think it's anti-clockwise to lower it, clockwise to raise it. Or, assuming, you've done that, you might want to put a shim in the neck, I did it with the Badass on my Jazz to get the action a bit lower. I used a small piece of thick card in the last quarter of the neck to raise the angle of the neck against the body. I think there's a thread about it in this section, if you use the search bar at the bottom of the page you should find it ok.

I have a Badass '1' on my old P. Got it off Beedster second hand but it's been around the block so to speak. It has quite deep grooves in the brass saddles which would help folk who find they can't lower the saddles as much as they wish.
No idea if the bridge came new like that or someone got smart and filed them - whatever , does a fine job and I'm grateful to whoever it was.