Why become a member? ×

quick question about the vt-1 bass purist

ahpook

i recently bought one of these two-knob marvels from guyl, and i'm [i]really[/i] impressed :) so much so i'm considering invetsing of more of dave's creations

just a quick question or two though...the power supply gets very hot...is this ok ?

and there's no problem with using other valves is there ? i'm assuming not, but it sounds very nice with a 12AU7 in there at the moment.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BassKS

Hi Dave,

I bought a bass purist mk1 from someone in this forum and cant wait to get it. I was also thinking, instead of buying a sansamp, id get your bass drive/eq vt-1 jobbie. Now, combined with the purist, will one be able to achieve the crazy stuff that your dual valve does? od, distortion through to fuzz and all things in between? Or have I missed something very fundamental and some circuitry boffin is laughing in his sleeve.

[quote name='BassKS' post='429798' date='Mar 9 2009, 08:37 PM']Hi Dave,

I bought a bass purist mk1 from someone in this forum and cant wait to get it. I was also thinking, instead of buying a sansamp, id get your bass drive/eq vt-1 jobbie. Now, combined with the purist, will one be able to achieve the crazy stuff that your dual valve does? od, distortion through to fuzz and all things in between? Or have I missed something very fundamental and some circuitry boffin is laughing in his sleeve.[/quote]

Yes, using a VT1 to drive another VT1 will be great. In fact a VT2 is really two VT1's in the same box.