Why become a member? ×

Squier JV Precision (1982/3) in great condition * TRADED *
£600

Clarky

I bought this off the forum some six months ago and its as nice a Precision as I've ever played (with the possible exception of my old - and much more expensive - Pino model). Lightweight (under 9 pounds), very low action (with beautifully worn in LaBella flats) and ultra comfy. Only selling as I liked it so much I tracked down a JV Jazz (super rare with the large Fender logo) and I prefer the slimmer 1.5" nut width with my dodgy left hand. BTW, BC mod Billy Apple liked this JV Precision at an impromptu bass bash so much that he also tracked down a JV Precision in the same livery - it really is super nice.

Pics here in original FS thread and its in basically the same condition (few dings and scrapes, nothing in any way major or noticeable from a few feet away and overall great for the age) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/232750-now-sold-fsft-squire-jv-precision-bass-1983-in-sunburst-l590-ono/page__p__2406920__hl__jv__fromsearch__1#entry2406920"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2406920[/url]

Pickup from London the only option at present as I don't have a box. £600 and thats an absolute barg. No case I'm afraid but I could protect it for a meet-up in a crappy soft gigbag

No trades thanks as I am buying a fretless with the proceeds (deal already agreed on the fretless, so no offers thanks)

Pic from original seller ozzy138 (hope that's OK?) to whet appetite

[attachment=171111:post-3130-0-07334900-1395499048.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Thanks Cameltoe and Sean!

I am going to give first dibs to the guy selling me the fretless as he has indicated he * might * do a straight swap. Will update as-and-when I hear more. Its far from certain though (as it depends on him also selling another bass) so please feel free to drop me a PM if interested

Hey Clarky. If you need a box ive got two at work. Your welcome to come and get one.

I got one of these the first year they came out. Must admit i found the neck a bit of a beast back then (even though i know its not). By the time i sold mine i had replaced all the hardware, including the pup. I was still surprised at how much it was worth. Apparently its the neck thats the big selling point, although to find one in the condition yours is in must bump the price up quite a bit.

GLWTS.

Thanks Pierre. I am waiting to hear back from the BCer selling his fretless to me as he may take it in trade. If I do decide to post you have first dibs but I would rather hand over in person so I'll keep you in touch. For the moment I would prefer a London meet-up but if that changes you will be first to know