Why become a member? ×

Crazy looking handmade 5er

alembic1989

Not quite sure what to make of this....some of the features are really cool...but not sure of the build quality.
Some nice basses if you go to makers website...some incredible finishes..really crazy stuff!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111454291813?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

[b]Vendo meraviglioso basso 5 corde di ALTA liuteria spagnola JANAID, si tratta di un oggetto realizzato su specifiche ben definite, interamente a mano ed è caratterizzato dall utilizzo di legni pregiati ed esotici: Madrone Burl, ulivo andaluso, ciliegio, iroko etc...[/b]
[b]I pickup così come il preamp sono fatti interamente a mano.[/b]

[b]sul sito potete trovare i riferimenti di prezzo, il mio costa 2400€:[/b]

[b]http://www.janaidguitars.com/[/b]

[b]IL BASSO PRESENTA ALCUNI SEGNI SUL RETRO DOVUTI ALL'UTILIZZO ED UNA ABRASIONE SUL PICKUP PIU' VICINO AL PONTE[/b]

[b]il manico è perfetto ed il basso presenta uno switch off attivo/passivo, controllo medi, bassi, alti e volume - il suono è molto potente e preciso, bassi profondi, medi molto presenti ed è estremamente brillante. La completezza dei controlli consente una varietà di sonorità notevole[/b]

[b]Spedisco in tutta EUROPA[/b]

Contattatemi per qualsiai domanda

Can't say it any clearer than that really

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1410090964' post='2545972']
[b]Vendo meraviglioso basso 5 corde di ALTA liuteria spagnola JANAID, si tratta di un oggetto realizzato su specifiche ben definite, interamente a mano ed è caratterizzato dall utilizzo di legni pregiati ed esotici: Madrone Burl, ulivo andaluso, ciliegio, iroko etc...[/b]

[b]http://www.janaidguitars.com/[/b]

[b]IL BASSO PRESENTA ALCUNI SEGNI SUL RETRO DOVUTI ALL'UTILIZZO ED UNA ABRASIONE SUL PICKUP PIU' VICINO AL PONTE[/b]

[b]il manico è perfetto ed il basso presenta uno switch off attivo/passivo, controllo medi, bassi, alti e volume - il suono è molto potente e preciso, bassi profondi, medi molto presenti ed è estremamente brillante. La completezza dei controlli consente una varietà di sonorità notevole[/b]

[/quote]

Quite.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1410090964' post='2545972']

[b][url="http://www.janaidguitars.com/"]http://www.janaidguitars.com/[/url][/b]

[/quote]

Non capisci? E chiarissimo...:P

I'd go with the theory this is an early build, the website is a bit crude but looks like a serious luthier.

Other pictures from the website show some interesting instruments with very exotic looking woods and mind bending colour schemes: dyes and glow in the dark paint schemes - loads of fun. Looks very pretty although it's impossible to tell if they play well or sound good.

The one for sale looks like it's got some green snot on the finish, bit of finish that have cracked & flaked off, parts that haven't been sanded properly before laquering. I wouldn't chance 1,400 euros on it, might be a total bargain for 100 euro and 20 hours work to setup/refinish.

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1410520978' post='2550283']
thems a serious matter of personal taste! To me, urggh!
[/quote]

I was mostly referring to the ones on the manufacturer's website

Some of the woods are very pretty (mmm...olivewood), some of the dye effects are pretty.

The basses themselves: to my mind the shapes aren't proportioned very well, they lack subtlety and I have real doubts about the design intent, pick-up covers look daft too. A matter of personal style before practicality.

There's bits & pieces I like but I'd never design a whole guitar like any of those. Like you said, serious matter of personal taste.

Edited by Bradwell