Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1250

eude

Oooh lovely bass Eude. Clearly too many strings for a poor fool like me though :(

The o/wound singles coils are great though. I have them on my P/J ACG and have just retro fitted as pair to my passive ACG.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1410435734' post='2549384']
Oooh lovely bass Eude. Clearly too many strings for a poor fool like me though :(

The o/wound singles coils are great though. I have them on my P/J ACG and have just retro fitted as pair to my passive ACG.
[/quote]

Thank you mate :)

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1410438873' post='2549426']
Weight please ?
[/quote]

Hmm, not sure off the top of my head, but it's probably around 10 lbs, maybe a bit lighter?
I'll check it out tonight if I get time.

Eude

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1410447711' post='2549552']
THAT IS NICE!

Timing sucks though :(

Are the single coils noiseless ?
[/quote]

Nope, they're designed to get that raw edgy jazz bass tone so they're true single coil, but they're VERY quiet unless you've got noisy electronics.
I've not had a problem until I bought my current house, I can't even plug in my wife's high end Marantz hifi amp without getting hum there.
I'll still be getting SBs in my next ACG though, they sound fantastic!

So in summary, not officially noiseless, but VERY quiet :)

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1410438873' post='2549426']
Weight please ?
[/quote]

Sorry mate, didn't get time last night or this morning, dealing with roofers, long story.
Will try over the weekend.
Are you interested?...

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1410447921' post='2549555']

Nope, they're designed to get that raw edgy jazz bass tone so they're true single coil, but they're VERY quiet unless you've got noisy electronics.
I've not had a problem until I bought my current house, I can't even plug in my wife's high end Marantz hifi amp without getting hum there.

[/quote]

Thanks for that. Is the spacing adjustable? I'm learning that I think I'm happiest on 18-19 ish. Although the status I had was 19 but couldn't get on with it at all.

It was designed to have 16.5mm so the Hipshot bridge will be setup to offer that as it's half way point I believe, so a bit of nudge either way.
Adjustable to a degree, but I'm not sure you'll get much more than 17.5mm out of it, more likely 17mm comfortably.

Tighter spacing is wonderful for finger playing, but can take a little more practice to get comfortable for slapping, but it's easily doable, non broadneck Warwick 5's and 6's have 16.5mm spacing and they seem fairly popular ;)

The bass was specced to be about player comfort, hence the tighter spacing, the 52mm nut and the 33" scale :)

Eude

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1410534427' post='2550526']
Absolutely cracking bass, absolutely cracking chap, absolutely cracking price!

If it was a 5 I've no doubt I'd be having trouble with the bank manager about now :)
[/quote]

Thank you matey :yarr:

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1410447921' post='2549555']

[/quote]

True dat, mine are pretty much silent.

Stand well back Flippyfloop!
The bass weighs.10.5 lbs!

To be honest, I don't think you'd find anything made of dense Ash and Wenge weighing much less.
The bass is very comfortable when you're playing it, standing or seated and that's what counts right?

Eude

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1410610037' post='2551233']
Yup. Balance is more important than weight, IMO, and 10.5 is par for the course for a sixer. Bet this feels great. Looks gorgeous, too!
[/quote]

Thanks mate, my thoughts too. You can get lighter 6 strings but, not with Ash bodies and Wenge necks! :)