Why become a member? ×

Pink PBass on a Budget
£120

Pete1967

Hi All,

I'm selling my Bitsa PBass. The original thinking was to create a budget bass for a friends daughter to learn on, but that fell through so I've decided to sell on. The body is solid wood and almost certainly Paulownia, but I can't be sure. It is quite light though. The neck is JAZZ dimensions and Korean made from Canadian maple with a rosewood board and pearl block inlays. The hardware is generic, but I intentionally steered away from the cheapest end of the market, so the bridge is a decent weight high mass style and the tuners are tight and accurate. Pickups are Wilkinson WPB Alnico V so far from the worst on the market. The pots are Alpha and I can put either 250k or 500k in if you wish. The pearl pickguard is custom made because I discovered that a standard one doesn't fit! Currently strung with nickel EB Super Slinkies

String height is 2mm at the 12th and the frets have had a full level, recrown and polish. There's the requisite business card amount of relief in the neck and not a buzz to be heard, and the action will go lower if desired. It's really easy to play and would suit a beginner/learner or even great as a cheap doodling bass for an experienced player that prefers a slimmer neck.

Considering it's a bass put together from Far Eastern components it really aint bad, but of course a boutique P made from rare woods it is not, however if you buy it I'll offer a full refund (including the outbound shipping) if you're not happy with it as long as it's returned to me.

It owes me about £180 all in (the neck was £70 and the PUP £24) but it is what it is, so asking £120. No case but price includes shipping to the UK mainland (bar perhaps the extremities of Scotland).